Your Information and what we do with it.
In accordance with new legislation, the Practice follows strict guidelines on information we hold about each of our patients. Please see the information below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Practice and we will be happy to help.
How we use your medical records
- The Practice handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people become unwell.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please see the Practice Privacy Notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information, please speak to a member of staff.